Sunday, June 27, 2010

At the top

Enjoying the view fron the top. A good day, but but a long day. The
Eiffel tower took a little over two hours to do (wait to buy tickets,
wait to go up to 2nd floor, wait to go up to top, wait to go down to
2nd floor...).

We had a good dinner, but it was late, we were worn out. Finally made
it to the train stop for our hotel, and it was 10:30 at night. Our
hotel is near Paris Disneyland, and the train dropped us off in the
middle of Disney town. No sign of our hotel, no information booths at
the train station or Disneyland open. My iPhone couldn't find the
hotel with the address (I swear I checked it at home), and when i
called the hotel, the desk staff didn't speak enough English to help,
except to tell sarah there was an 11:35 shuttle. Ollie was at the
hotel already (he drove), and tried to meet us at the train station,
but went to the wrong one (a closer one we should have used). There
was a taxi stop, but we watched the last two taxis pull away. So, we
took the 11:30pm shuttle and now I'm in the hotel and I need to get
some sleep. We were about a mile from our hotel, just couldn't figure
out the right direction to walk. Everyone was a trooper, tolerating
the confusion and my frustration very well.

Tomorrow, more touring Paris. Less walking, more wine is my plan. -
Gerrit

No comments: